If you’ve ever heard of Invisalign, you know that it is the one product that lets you have beautifully straight teeth without colored or wired braces. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign is a state-of-the-art procedure that straightens your crooked teeth without making you undergo any kind of painful surgery or compromise your looks. It’s plastic, invisible, removable and works wonders. How cool!
Just go to your Invisalign Carrollton dentist and let him take the impressions of your teeth. He then uses software to make your teeth impressions and hands your aligners over to you. You then go home, try them on and voila, you have the straight teeth you’ve always wanted for yourself.
Sounds easy? Well, it might not be so easy after all. Once you have your set of aligners, what matters most is how you use and handle them during your treatment period of 9 to 12 months for getting optimum results. Check these 18 steps that’ll help make your journey to straight teeth a happier one.
- Wear the Invisalign aligners for at least 22 hours a day wearing each given set for a minimum of two weeks.
- It is absolutely necessary to wear the aligners in a sequential manner.
- Do not throw away the previous two or three sets because they might be needed again in case of inadequate results in the first try.
- While placing the aligners in your mouth, start in the front and gradually move towards the back molars.
- While removing the aligners, first remove from the back molars and then from the front.
- Apply wax, rinse with salt water or use over the counter products like Zilactin-B or peroxide in case of irritation.
- Remove only for the purpose of eating, brushing and flossing. However, they can be removed for a few hours for special occasions.
- Brush or rinse your mouth before placing the Invisalign aligners in again after removing them for meals and drinks.
- Clean the aligners using denture cleaner tablets once a day. Do not place them near heat or in boiling water when cleaning them.
- When removed from your mouth, immediately store the aligners in the given Invisalign container to avoid damage or breakage.
- Keep your Invisalign aligners away from children, pets or dogs who might chew on it.
- If you do not have any history of jaw problems, clench your aligners to help close teeth gaps and relieve pressure.
- The teeth and aligners may normally become loose during treatment, which is needed for the aligners to work.
- Do not bite or force the aligners into position, as the pressure may break or damage them.
- Contact your dentist within a week to replace the aligners in case the attachment wears off.
- Consult your dentist before having any dental work done, except regular checkups, while in the Invisalign treatment.
- Drink plenty of water. Use straws to drink hard drinks like coffee or coke to avoid staining of the aligners.
- Do not chew gums, use toot paste or mouthwash with aligners in your mouth as they may stick to it.
Now that you know how to handle your precious aligners properly, go get yourself your set of Invisalign. Try the on and show the world how you smile!
Ken Wilson is the author of this blog post. To get expert advice on straightening your teeth, visit Josey lane Dentistry website. They are the paramount provider of invisalign Carrollton services.